I attended a business seminar, which was very powerful in terms of reminding me that I am not my business, but rather I am the CEO, GUARDIAN or PARENT of my business and it is my RESPONSIBILITY to take care of it in the appropriate manner.
Wilson Luna uses the analogy of your business being like your child, it is vulnerable in its early stages of development.
What follows is my new version on how to take better care of MY BUSINESS – Incorporating it with the child parallel.
1. My BUSINESS (child) was born from me, but I am not my BUSINESS (child).
2. My BUSINESS (child) will definitely inherit some of my GIFTS and VALUES.
3. I RESPECT and VALUE the TIME I spend with my BUSINESS (child).
4. I am very MINDFUL what nourishment I provide to my BUSINESS (child).
5. I am also MINDFUL of how I manage and correct my BUSINESS (child).
6. When I don’t know what to do – I ASK – someone with more experience what to do for my BUSINESS (child).
7. I make sound decisions that will create a future/legacy for my BUSINESS (child).
8. I don’t leave my BUSINESS (child) in the care of others who don’t understand, respect or be kind to my BUSINESS (child).
A BUSINESS goes through different stages of development just as a child does and it needs a lot of support as it grows.
Again the BUSINESS (child) will grow according to its environment its like this – it needs support from its GUARDIAN, FAMILY, COMMUNITY and HUMANITY – that is how it can grow and become a VALUABLE CONTRIBUTION in the world.
We can be very irresponsible bringing up children and are the same with our business.
The parallels around raising a CHILD and raising a BUSINESS are amazing !!